Sustainability Policy Statement
Australian Pacific Coal (AQC) accepts that it must work to preserve the environmental sustainability of the planet, at all levels of its operations.
The Company has several policies and procedures relating to conducting its operations in a sustainable manner. This policy statement is a summary of the Company’s approach only.
The Company aspires to minimise its impact on our environment and maximise the effective use of resources. We strive to achieve this by increasing communication and awareness of our efforts and fostering responsible environmental behaviour amongst employees, contractors, suppliers and the wider community.
The Company is committed not only to complying with applicable law in all its operations, but to minimise risks and impacts through the development of systems to enhance environmental sustainability both within its operations and the broader community.
The Company commits itself to:
- Having an environmentally sustainable aware culture;
- Being an environmentally responsible neighbour in our community;
- Conserving natural resources by reusing and recycling wherever practicable;
- Participating in efforts to improve environmental protection and understanding;
- Conducting audits, evaluations, and self-assessments;
Working with suppliers and contractors who promote sound environmental practices.